Wednesday 5 September 2012

You are right!

'Price Has Nothing To Do With Style' -Iris Apfel

Wow! 90 years old and consider as a style icon??..I know for sure I have to write about her..I put her on the top of my list to be adored. I am sure you will love her when you see her work..I am talking about one and only Iris Apfel.

Iris Apfel born in August 29,1921 (91 years to be exact), Born as Iris Barrel in Astoria, Queens, New york, Apfel is the only child of Samuel Barrel, whose family owned a glass-and-mirror business, and his wife, Sadye, who owned a fashion boutique (no wonder la kan, mirror and fashion is a great combo..haha)

She studied in Art History in New York University and attend Art school at University of Wisconsin. As in a young age, she worked for Women's wear daily (oh wow!)

In 2005, the metropolitan Museum of Art in new york city premiered an exhibition about Apfel titled Rara Avis (Rare Bird): The irreverent Iris apfel (click for the book)

To read more click this link : Iris Apfel Wiki

Enough said..She is truly Iconic..




Some of her work




Iris Apfel herself,

Love her style, Covered and style it! what more to say...love! love! love!




6 comments:

  1. nice picts! awesome blog here :)

    check out my blog
    http://wildakhaira.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is adorable, my love!

    Lots of kisses,

    Nicoleta

    www.nicoleta.me

    ps. New post - VOGUE FASHION NIGHT OUT - MILAN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, my love!
    Gladly follow your blog. Would u like to follow me back?

    Have a wonderful week,

    Nicoleta

    www.nicoleta.me

    New Post: Milan VFNO - Focus on TOD'S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear, already follow your blog, keep it up!

      Delete
  4. Hello my love,

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment.I am happy to see you among my friends and followers.


    Lots of kisses,

    Nicoleta

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete